Abandoned Cart Recovery Rate
Weekly Subscriber Growth
Increase in Transactions
- Needed many functionalities including food ordering and delivery, Livestream registration, live workshop registration, dynamic bundles and more
- Making changes manually was not possible because they had insufficient manpower
- Had a hard KPI of Livestream viewership, paying customers and affiliate sales
- They needed a marketing solution that could allow them to perform all the functions while providing a good UX, all while driving revenue
- A fully integrated ready-to-eat meal ordering system, scheduled raw ingredients delivery, Livestream registration and replay, recipes and loyalty program
- The complexity to schedule multiple food items to be listed and delisted, plus the ability for product pages to dynamically change according to date
- The foundation to automate content delivery, garner event registration and run bi-weekly promotions at scale
About the Client
Singapore Food Festival
Singapore Food Festival (SFF) is the only festival in Singapore dedicated to local cuisine and F&B talent.
Food & Beverage/ Events
Dynamic Product Listing
Cart Abandon Recovery
Compared to the previous year’s virtual edition, SFF 2021 has doubled in size and continues to innovate, so participants could enjoy more than 50 gastronomic and drinking experiences on a hybrid platform.
The 28th edition of this annual event featured Live Masterclasses, Virtual Food Experiences, Partner Events and Workshops, and SFF food merchandise.
The Singapore Food Festival 2021 involved 7 marketing agencies, Path Digital Solutions taking the lead marketing strategist role. With viewership from all over Southeast Asia and next day delivery options available within Singapore.
In the past, events were held live, with SFF 2020 being the first online version due to COVID-19.
But in 2021, SFF decided to step up the game with more than 300,000 users visiting the site from all over the continent. With Shopify and WordPress powering its debut hybrid event, and ActiveCampaign driving its automation, SFF 2021 has been able to enjoy:
- Launching its online store in eight weeks
- No performance issues even with huge traffic volumes for 30 days straight
- Smarter inventory management, allowing orders to be sent from Shopify to over 18 different restaurants for fulfilment
- High engagement rate from their contact base to tune in to livestreams, following which upsell and cross-sell emails are automatically sent for product purchase
Save time and zero worries with automation
SFF’s first release after onboarding with Shopify and ActiveCampaign went off without a hitch. Its site never crashed. The platform suffered no glitches. The right messages were triggered at the right time. It all seemed so… comfortable.
By using these automations, SFF was able to enhance its customer journey through the automation of many different user behavior scenarios, including reviving the connection with certain customers whose interaction with the brand had dropped off.
The tool also contributed to converting prospects into customers, through the use of tags so they could know more about the status of their contact and if he or she was ready to take the plunge.
The early returns were strong. SFF was hitting its ecommerce revenue targets from week 1, and had less than 0.25% customer recovery efforts required.
Stability, security and efficiency like no other platform
SFF needed many things from its ecommerce system, though two stood out as the requirements from partners and sponsors increased.
The first: A system that was nimble enough to handle its peak daily traffic. SFF’s site can see thousands of site visitors and hundreds of orders each day.
Because SFF was selling a range of products from kitchenware and ready-to-eat meals from 18 different restaurants across the country to livestream registrations and workshop tickets, checkouts needed to be flawless.
The second: improved omnichannel capabilities. Leveraging our team’s UX/UI design experience was key to offering a smooth shopping experience. That had to be used as a tool —to inform inventory decisions, and also help convert in-person customers when their desired products weren’t available for immediate purchase in-store.
Boost conversions with customisation
Not long after, SFF leaned into the flexibility of Shopify to change its banners, pages, purchase flows, and customer email communications to launch new livestreams and promote new partners.
Where once, brands like SFF was only able to send general one-to-many email campaigns, it was now able to show timely messages to specific audience segments. In just a few clicks, products could be drafted or taken live, sales emails could be updated in real-time (and new customers entering the automation would receive the new emails) and page content could be tweaked within seconds.
Lightboxes like those shown below were available upon button click on partner pages.
All these optimisation efforts were done with relative ease. Although we did have developers on standby, most of these changes could be done by the average person without coding experience. That’s how simple it was.
Scale efficiently with better tracking
With all things performance, tracking of results is essential. And the deep integrations between ActiveCampaign and Shopify allow for consolidated reporting. All you need is to know which data points to look at and you’ll be able to adjust your activities accordingly.
A deep CRM integration with an ecommerce platform is the first thing any brand should look out for. If you want to learn more about scaling your business in a similar way SFF has, speak to us.